Monday, November 3, 2008

If you have any problems voting, report incidents!

http://www.866ourvote.org/

http://www.eac.gov/voter/how-to-contact-your-state-election-office

Because America is worth some time and effort!

And from Michael Moore this morning, more sites to help fight voter disenfranchise exercises by the folks who brought us bush:

Expect trouble tomorrow. Stand your ground. Don't let some clerk turn you away. Make noise. Call the media if they won't let you vote. Let the Obama camp know. Check out his Voter Protection Center. Know where your polling place is. Be careful inside the voting booth. The ballot still reads like a Sudoku puzzle. Be prepared for long lines. That's ok, you know how to bring the party with you! Make new friends. Plot your local revolution. The 28-year rule of Republicans (and Democrats who act like Republicans) is over. The Reagan Era dies tomorrow night. My God, I truly thought it would never end.

Stand your ground! Indeed. Take a folding chair (take two if you can carry them, someone else at your polling place may need a rest in line too) Take some water. Take snacks. Take something to do while waiting. TAKE A STAND! America needs your service at this important junction.

America is worth the effort. Make whatever effort is required to have your vote counted.

1 comment:

Greyhound Girl said...

I'm going with chocolate since I don' think they'll let me stand in line and drink a margarita.

One time, a few years ago when I was back home in Area 52, I was standing online at the bank at Christmas. It was a huge bank- big corporation, and by the time I got to the window, I had the entire line of people singing Christmas carols. Can I do that tomorrow?? Why do I think that will NOT go over well here?

See ya at the polls, doll!